Exhibitions & Recognition
Ho Thanh Duc's Biography:
* Born in 1940, Danang, Central Vietnam.
* He has been an orphan since he was two years old.
* His childhood was stricken with poverty. He has struggled to grow up in a country which was ravaged by wars.
* Graduated from the National School of Fine Arts, Saigon, Vietnam.
* Founder and Director, Young Vietnamese Artists Association, 1968-1975
* Professor of Fine Arts, Van Hanh University, Saigon, Vietnam :'67 - '75
* Dean of the Practical Arts Department, Southern Region University, Vietnam 1974 - 1975
* Resettled in California since 1989. 1997 "20 years of Vietnamese Art in America" Michigan Union.
Exhibitions & Recognition:
* First Place Award at the Spring Exhibition, Saigon, Vietnam, 1963.
* Highest Honor, the National Catholic Exhibition, Saigon, Vietnam, 1964
* Various International Buddhist Exhibitions in India, Sri Lanka and Taiwan, 1965.
* International Exhibitions in Tokyo and 9 other cities, Japan, 1969.
* Highest Honor, the Vietnamese National Exhibition of Religious paintings, 1973.
* Permanent Collection of the Pacific Museum, Warsaw, Poland, 1984.
* Family exhibitions in Bataan and Manila, Philippines, 1989.
* Pacific Asian Museum, Pasadena, California, 1996.
* Smithsonian Institute Traveling Exhibition Washington D.C. Touring 7 museums 1995 - 1998.
* Ellipse Arts Center Arlington, Virginia - "An Ocean Apart"
* James A Micherner Art Museum, Doylestown, Pennsylvania.
* Real Gallery, Boca Baton, Florida & "Beyond Creation" Old Courthouse Museum, Orange County. 2001